The cellar underground spans about 1,000 square meters under the city center near St. Nicholas Church, one of the oldest churches in the city. The cellar underground dates back to 1600 and extends under some of the historical palaces of San Severo ( tours ). It is possible to notice evidence of the past, such as remains of ancient city walls of 1200, an old press of the 1836 and the prison of Carbonari Morelli and Silvati. In this historical place thousands and thousands of bottles age for at least three years in the cool and dark underground, before being ready to see the light and be packaged.
Since 2002, a beautiful ancient oil mill, named ARCA – ARt in the cellar (CAntina) -has been restored to former glory. This restoration allows seeing the construction phases ranging from the Middle Ages to the eighteenth century. The majestic beauty of this old mill fascinates all visitors of the d’Araprì cellar. This building is protected by the FAI (Italian Environment Fund), and beside attracting wine tourists, it is the location of cultural events, such as music festivals, art exhibitions, and cultural meetings.